[MacPorts] #21437: The MAMP howto doesn't match the sample phpMyAdmin config file

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 22 01:02:03 PDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 15:01, Steve Meether wrote:

> I finally got PhpMyAdmin to work.
>
> I tried several things and, to be honest, I'm not sure if it was one
> of those things are all of them together solved the issue.
>
> 1) in the config.inc.php I changed the following line:
>
> from:
> $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';

> $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = '127.0.0.1';
>

> I believe this is what allowed PhpMyAdmin to start working

Changing the connection from localhost to 127.0.0.1 will cause the
mysql client in php to try to connect via TCP instead of via the
socket file. So if this fixed the issue for you, that suggests the
socket file was not at the place that PHP expected. Have you
configured the socket location properly in your php.ini? There are
three places to do it (one each for mysql, mysqli and pdo_mysql).