[MacPorts] #21544: libsdl 1.2.14 checksum failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 23 15:41:51 PDT 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 13:29, MacPorts wrote:

> #21544: libsdl 1.2.14 checksum failed
> ---------------------------
> +------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  senz@…        |       Owner:  ryandesign@…
>      Type:  defect        |      Status:  closed
> Component:  ports         |     Version:  1.8.0
> Resolution:  fixed         |    Keywords:  SDL 1.2.14 checksum
>      Port:  libsdl        |
> ---------------------------
> +------------------------------------------------
>
> Comment(by toby@…):
>
> Reverted r58178 in r58179. A completely broken libsdl does not do
> any good
> - upgrading daily is an inconvenience, but working is better than not
> working.

My concern is that we are now advertising in the libsdl port that we
provide version 1.2.14, when no such version appears to have been
released yet. The libsdl homepage shows 1.2.13 is the current version,
and the fact that you had to download the 1.2.14 distfile from a
directory called "tmp" instead of the usual "release" directory, and
the fact that the distfile has already changed twice in two days,
points to the fact that this is not a released version and should
therefore not be provided by the libsdl port, which is supposed to be
for the latest released version.