Multi-link PPP

sbwoodside sbwoodside at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:11:24 PDT 2009

Hi there, I'm maybe tilting at a windmill here but I'd like to port some kind
of multilink PPP extension to Mac, for example MPD
(http://mpd.sourceforge.net/) from FreeBSD. A quick look shows that it
depends on netgraph, which is a fairly low level kernel library in FreeBSD
that also seems to have been ported to linux kernel 2.4.

So, is this even possible without modifying the kernel? It would seem that
OS X does support network link bonding which is similar to multilink -- is
that enough? I basically don't know quite enough about kernel/drivers to see
what the path forward is. Any advice is appreciated.