[58392] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/archcheck-1.0.tcl

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Sep 28 13:00:17 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-28 20:55 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I agree it's a peculiar thing to have in a portgroup, but so is the
> xcodeversion portgroup, and they both fill a need. The alternative is
> to duplicate a bunch of code in a bunch of ports, so I think this is
> better. Better still would be support in MacPorts base, but I'm not
> sure how to best accomplish that. If you have any ideas, please let me
> know.

I have a plan for adding a verify step after the destroot phase (or
maybe in post-destroot). It would check produced binaries and libraries
for missing dependencies. That is, check the library paths the files are
linked to against the list of dependencies.

I proposed this with more details as a Summer of Code task:
<http://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#depcheck>

Checking for the right architectures would fit in there as well.

Rainer