using apxs

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Tue Sep 29 15:08:03 PDT 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2009, at 15:17, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>
>> I need to skip configure and make and use the following command
>> instead.
>>
>> apxs -i -a -c mod_bw.c
>>
>> How can I do this?
>
> You could do:
>
> use_configure no
> build {
>    system "apxs -i -a -c mod_bw.c"
> }

Looks like this approach does not cd to worksrcpath so I did this:
build {
     system "apxs -c -A ${worksrcpath}/mod_bw.c"
}

The -A flag adds the module to /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf but
does not activate it. But if someone does activate it and then
uninstalls mod_bw apache2 will error on next start/restart.

I couldn't find a good example of a better way in the mp tree.

Does anyone know of a good example?

// Brad