ownership of bug

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Apr 1 10:12:21 PDT 2010

On 2010-03-31 06:23 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2010, at 22:43, Daniel wrote:
>> Also, if people are going to keep assigning me bugs, please give me the ability to close them or mark them fixed.
>
> AFAIK you should have the ability to do so, once you log in to our Trac system with the email address to which the bug is assigned.

No, only committers can modify the ticket properties.

If I remember correctly this has been setup in this way because Trac
only supported the TICKET_MODIFY permission for this back then [1],
which gave full access to all fields including the description, full CC
field, etc. This is also the reason Bill wrote the "Cc Me!" plugin. The
ability to resolve tickets was tied to editing all ticket fields. We
didn't want this as there is no easy way to do a rollback on an unwanted
change by some external person/spambot. But it was also not possible to
assign tickets to non-committers back then.

This might have changed with the Trac update to 0.11, by looking at [2]
I see TICKET_EDIT_CC and TICKET_EDIT_DESCRIPTION as related permissions.
Seems like these are no longer granted automatically with TICKET_MODIFY.

Rainer

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/10900,
    http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13352
[2] http://trac.macports.org/wiki/TracPermissions