[65087] trunk/base/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Apr 2 15:43:30 PDT 2010

On 2010-4-3 09:33 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2010, at 16:43, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> On 2010-4-3 07:39 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>>> This patch assumes that ports are binary.  Non-binary ports do not have the universal variant and are set 'universal_variant no'.  This makes it impossible to install anything using X11 with recent base.
>>
>> We will need to start marking such ports as noarch. There's probably a
>> need for a way to mark some dependencies as not needing to have matching
>> archs as well, for the case where it just supplies a tool like gzip or
>> something. File a ticket so we don't forget before the next release.
>
> Are we checking archs of all dependencies? I would assume we just need to check library and runtime dependencies, not fetch, extract or build dependencies.

All of them. While I can't think of a situation where the arch of a
fetch or extract dep would matter, a build dep could generate code or
supply a static library.

Remember this is only an issue for ports that are not noarch _and_ can't
build universal or have a restricted set of supported archs.

- Josh