GSoC - Dynamic Libraries

Jordan Schneider witepa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:44:51 PDT 2010

Rainer, Ryan, thank you for the feedback. I understand what needs to be accomplished for this specific proposal, but I have some more questions on the implementation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from looking at some Portfiles, I don't see any information identifying ports as being dynamic libraries. Would it be necessary to implement a line in the Portfiles for dynamic libraries flagging them as such, or would there be a better method of determining which ports to automatically run the rev-upgrade command for?

Alternatively, would it be foolish for rev-upgrade to treat all ports the same and just check all of a port's dependents for linker errors?

Thanks,
Jordan

On Apr 6, 2010, at 7:51 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Of course nobody stops you from contributing to MacPorts :-D
> Ongoing activity after the end of GSoC would be appreciated very much, too.

I'm glad to hear this, as I would love to become an ongoing contributor to MacPorts beyond SoC.