Swarm dependencies conflicts with Octave

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Tue Apr 13 10:35:10 PDT 2010

On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:19 AM, Cristiano Fontana wrote:

> I am trying to prepare a Portfile for the Swarm tool www.swarm.org but the library depends on the hd5 port that conflicts with the hd5-18 that is required by Octave.
> Since I need to use both of them is there a way that I can install boh ports?

So swarm needs the older 1.6.9 version of hdf5 provided by the "hdf5" port and cannot be used with the latest stable version 1.8.4 provided by the "hdf5-18" port? I was hoping we could get rid of the legacy "hdf5" port because I thought we had switched over all ports requiring hdf5 to use the hdf5-18.

Cheers!
Frank