[66590] trunk/dports/devel

Thomas Keller tommyd at macports.org
Sat Apr 17 15:12:56 PDT 2010

Am 18.04.10 00:04, schrieb Rainer Müller:
> On 2010-04-17 23:05 , tommyd at macports.org wrote:
>> +depends_lib-append  port:py-gtk2
>> +
>> +use_configure       no
>> +
>> +post-patch {
>> +    reinplace "s|/usr/bin/env python|${prefix}/bin/python|g" \
>> +        ${worksrcpath}/src/usr/bin/diffuse
>> +}
>
> No port provides ${prefix}/bin/python, so this cannot be used here. As
> you declare a dependency on py-gtk2 you seem to prefer python24, so this
> should be ${prefix}/bin/python2.4.

Ok, understood, this seems to be less error-prone than simply relying on
the user having python_select'ed python24.

> But I would encourage to use some
> more recent version of python. I would choose ${prefix}/bin/python2.6
> and py26-gtk2.

This is something where I don't know the MP policy - upstream tells me
that it needs a Python >= 2.4, so 2.4 is enough. So people which already
have 2.4 don't need to install another (newer) python version, but can
just run it. Of course this goes wrong if the policy is "always the
newest stuff" and its expected that most people already have 2.6.
I initially tried it with 2.6, but due to some weird dependencies (even
though I already had python26 and I installed with -n) it tried to
download / compile gcc-4.5 and I stopped that complete waste of time.

>> +
>> +build {}
>> +
>> +destroot {
>> +    system "cd ${worksrcpath} && ./install.py \
>> +       --prefix=${prefix} \
>> +       --destdir=${destroot} \
>> +       --sysconfdir=${prefix}/etc"
>> +}
>
> You also need to specify which python to use here to run the install.py
> script.

Ok, for now I'll change the port that everything depends exactly on
python24.

Thomas.

- --
GPG-Key 0x160D1092 | tommyd3mdi at jabber.ccc.de | http://thomaskeller.biz