Updating unmaintained ports: ample

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 18 03:04:54 PDT 2010

Here's a simple one where we just need to fix the livecheck.

ample seems to have been updated (port version: 0.5.7, new version: 0.4.0)

I don't find any tickets, the homepage seems to be current, version 0.5.7 is the latest and was released in 2003. The project is hosted at SourceForge and uses its standard livecheck, which checks the newsfeed. The SourceForge newsfeed has become increasingly unreliable of late and I hate it. :) My new favorite SourceForge livecheck is:

livecheck.type regex
livecheck.url http://sourceforge.net/projects/${name}/files/
livecheck.regex ${name}-(\[0-9.\]+)\\.tar

That fixes this port.

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/66623

Maybe we should update the default SourceForge livecheck to do this instead of checking the unreliable newsfeed. :/