[66590] trunk/dports/devel

Thomas Keller tommyd at macports.org
Sun Apr 18 08:14:21 PDT 2010

Am 18.04.10 04:21, schrieb Ryan Schmidt:
> On Apr 17, 2010, at 17:12, Thomas Keller wrote:
>> Am 18.04.10 00:04, schrieb Rainer Müller:
>>> But I would encourage to use some more recent version of python.
>>> I would choose ${prefix}/bin/python2.6 and py26-gtk2.
>>
>> This is something where I don't know the MP policy - upstream tells
>> me that it needs a Python >= 2.4, so 2.4 is enough. So people which
>> already have 2.4 don't need to install another (newer) python
>> version, but can just run it. Of course this goes wrong if the
>> policy is "always the newest stuff" and its expected that most
>> people already have 2.6.
>
> We would want to phase out older versions eventually. The sooner we
> can get ports that use python 2.4 and 2.5 parts to upgrade to 2.6 the
> better.
>
>> I initially tried it with 2.6, but due to some weird dependencies
>> (even though I already had python26 and I installed with -n) it
>> tried to download / compile gcc-4.5 and I stopped that complete
>> waste of time.
>
> Not sure what happened there. gcc45 @4.5.0_0 was just made available,
> and no ports depend on it.

Sorry, it was not 4.5, it was 4.3 - here is the complete debug output:

- --->  Computing dependencies for diffuse
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: py26-gtk
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: py26-gtk
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-gtk
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-gtk
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port py26-gtk.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port py26-gtk.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port py26-gtk.
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin_9 provides darwin_9
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: python26
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for python26
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: atk
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for atk
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gtk2
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for gtk2
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libglade2
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libglade2
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: py26-cairo
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: py26-cairo
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-cairo
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-cairo
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port py26-cairo.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port py26-cairo.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port py26-cairo.
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin_9 provides darwin_9
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: py26-gobject
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: py26-gobject
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-gobject
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-gobject
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port py26-gobject.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port py26-gobject.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port py26-gobject.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: python26
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for python26
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: cairo
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for cairo
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: py26-numpy
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: py26-numpy
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-numpy
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-numpy
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/python26-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: universal variant already exists, so not adding the default one
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port py26-numpy.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port py26-numpy.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port py26-numpy.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: pkgconfig
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for pkgconfig
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: python26
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for python26
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: fftw-3
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for fftw-3
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: py26-nose
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: py26-nose
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-nose
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-nose
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/python26-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: not using configure, so not adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port py26-nose.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port py26-nose.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port py26-nose.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: atlas
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: atlas
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/math/atlas
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/math/atlas
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: 'universal_variant no' specified, so not adding the default
universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port atlas.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port atlas.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port atlas.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gcc43
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: gcc43
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/lang/gcc43
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/lang/gcc43
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: 'universal_variant no' specified, so not adding the default
universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port gcc43.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port gcc43.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port gcc43.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: py26-distribute
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: py26-distribute
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-distribute
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/python/py26-distribute
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/python26-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: not using configure, so not adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port py26-distribute.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port py26-distribute.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port py26-distribute.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: python26
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for python26
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gcc43
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: gcc43
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/lang/gcc43
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: bzip2
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for bzip2
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gzip
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: gzip
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/archivers/gzip
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/archivers/gzip
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port gzip.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port gzip.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port gzip.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gmp
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for gmp
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: mpfr
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for mpfr
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libiconv
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libiconv
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: glib2
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for glib2
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libxslt
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libxslt
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gettext
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for gettext
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libiconv
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libiconv
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libffi
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: libffi
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/devel/libffi
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/devel/libffi
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 9.8.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.5
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/muniversal-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/Users/tommyd/Entwicklung/MacPorts/dports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: universal variant already exists, so not adding the default one
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port libffi.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port libffi.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port libffi.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: python26
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for python26
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: pkgconfig
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for pkgconfig
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.main (gcc43)

It seems as if py26-gtk needs py26-cairo, which needs py26-numpy, which
ends up needing gcc43. I went through without installing any newer gcc
version than what Apple provides with my Leopard installation until now,
as I want to avoid big recompilations every few weeks. Sadly that there
is no binary infrastructure yet which would ease the installation of
such massive dependencies...

But hey, since this port is "openmaintainer", anybody can pick up the
task and try to bring it to python26... I just don't have the time to
wait half a day for that.

Thomas.

- --
GPG-Key 0x160D1092 | tommyd3mdi at jabber.ccc.de | http://thomaskeller.biz