variants not preserved on upgrade

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Aug 2 01:15:29 PDT 2010

On 2010-08-02 07:48 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> From the Portfile:
>
> foreach s ${pythons_suffixes} {
>     set p python${s}
>     set v [string index ${s} 0].[string index ${s} 1]
>     set i [lsearch -exact ${pythons_ports} ${p}]
>     set c [lreplace ${pythons_ports} ${i} ${i}]
>     eval [subst {
>         variant ${p} description "Build Boost.Python for Python ${v}" conflicts ${c} debug {
>             # Cannot build debug variants with openmpi and python variants as per the following:
>             # <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23667> and <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4461>

That only marks each +pythonXY as conflicting with the other python
variants and additionally with +debug, but not +openmpi.

--- snip ---

$ port variants boost
boost has the variants:
   debug: Builds debug versions of the libraries as well
     * conflicts with openmpi
   openmpi: Build Boost.MPI
     * conflicts with debug
   python26: Build Boost.Python for Python 2.6
     * conflicts with debug python24 python25 python27 python31

--- snap ---

No conflict between +openmpi and +python26, so I think port behaves
correctly at this point.

Rainer