ruby_select port

kimura wataru kimuraw at macports.org
Mon Aug 2 07:18:05 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I agree we need "ruby_select".
If you allow the following plan, I'll work for this.

step1 (introduce ruby_select)
  * add port:ruby_select
  * add suffix to port:ruby (1.8.7) and port:ruby186 (1.8.6)
  * remove the variant "nosuffix" from port:ruby19

step2 (deprecate port:ruby and add port:ruby18)
  * rename port:ruby to port:ruby187
  * add port:ruby18, as a meta port for 187 and 186 like port:perl5
  * rewrite dependencies port:ruby in all Portfiles to port:ruby18

--
kimura wataru