virtuoso & php5-odbc w/ libiodbc?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 2 21:38:49 PDT 2010

MacPorts php5 used to use Mac OS X's libiodbc, until, in the process of separating functionality from the php5 port into separate ports, I realized we were doing that. Since our policy (see FAQ) is to use libraries provided by MacPorts, not those provided by Mac OS X, I used unixODBC, since we did not have a port for iODBC at the time.

Now that we have the libiodbc port I could switch php5-odbc to make that the default and leave a variant for those who prefer unixODBC for whatever reason. But I'm reluctant to: since unixODBC's port has been around longer, more other ports already depend on it. And the two ODBC ports install things in the same places, and thus conflict with one another.