1.9.2

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Aug 5 06:50:19 PDT 2010

> So in my opinion the problem is that upgrade releases the lock on the
> statefile too early before the version swap is finished. Either it needs
> to keep that lock until after that is done or we need a per-port locking
> mechanism for the registry.

We could do something as simple as "port lock PORTNAME" and "port unlock PORTNAME" -- in its own table in the db. The table should have the working path in addition to the port name.

This method also mitigates problems (power outage) by providing the user an easy clean up through the port command while avoiding significant code additions.