Dependencies Used in Test Phase Only

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 9 17:21:54 PDT 2010

On Aug 9, 2010, at 15:50, Eric Hall wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 08:32:42AM -0400, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> Should we include dependencies for a port if they are only used during the test phase?
>
> 	Sounds like a variation of the build-time dependencies,
> I'd put them into that grouping vs. run-time dependencies.

Given what we have available in MacPorts today, that would be one choice. Another choice is to add a "test" variant that adds the dependencies; users who want to run the test phase must then also remember to select the test variant when doing so. Best option of all might be if we add a depends_test option to MacPorts base.