issue: "__gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add" (was Re: issue: "dyld: Symbol not found: _CGLGetCurrentContext")

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu Aug 19 11:36:04 PDT 2010

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:42 -0500, "Ryan Schmidt"
<ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> This is a bit more in-depth than I usually get with ports. After all
> we're not really here to make software compile on Mac OS X; we're here to
> take software that compiles on Mac OS X and package it nicely. If the
> development version of octave doesn't compile on Mac OS X without a few
> easy pokes and prods, it may be time to report that to the developers and
> let them fix it.

Agreed on all counts.  That said, sometimes the software must be
compiled with this or that option, or this or that compiler, or else the
resulting executable won't work.  I've seen this before.

My hope was that some MacPorts-dev person would recognize the issue &
have a quick solution (e.g., gcc44 has issues; use gcc45 -- or
whatever).  As nobody has replied back, I'm guessing it's an issue that
none of have us dealt with or at least seen.

So, I'm looking through Octave bug reports & install guides to see if
there's something I'm missing.  I'm done with this today & will post a
tarball of the Port's files if I don't succeed, so that hopefully
someone else can. - MLD