Possibility of hdparm on Mac OS X

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Aug 26 21:52:37 PDT 2010

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hdparm/support

Hello, the above software seems to run on Linux fine, I am not aware of anyone getting it to work on Mac OS X.  Since I know very little about porting this one over, and I suspect it is not going to be a normal port because the nature of the app is a bit lower level than most, I wanted to ask here first.

Is it even possible to make this software work on OS X or are the architectures too different?  If it is possible, what do you guys think?

The one command I am after is ATA Secure Erase, the rest would be nice, but that is the main one.
Thanks.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)