Possibility of hdparm on Mac OS X

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Aug 26 22:49:25 PDT 2010

On Aug 26, 2010, at 10:42 PM, Scott Webster wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> You should talk to the developers of hdparm to ask if it works on Mac OS X. If it does, we should be able to make a port for it. If it does not, then the developers have some work to do before we can make a port.
>
> I guess maybe the name isn't really indicative of what MacPorts really
> does... because I don't think it is porting :)

I should have phrased my question different :)

More along the lines of, at quick glance, how challenging does it appear to be to port this software to Mac OS X.  I was going to take on the burden of learning that aspect of it, but it would also have to be relatively simple as this would be one of very few ports of this nature I have worked on.

I wasn't asking MacPorts to actually do any of the porting.

I will ask the developers, though I have a feeling they will not be interested in it.
Thanks.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)