Contact software developers when adding a port

Takeshi Enomoto takeshi at enomosphere.net
Thu Dec 16 05:25:30 PST 2010

Ryan,

I think it is a good idea to encourage the port writer to contact the developers.
I have try to do so and often they are happy to mention the MacPorts package
on their web page.

Some of them are MacPorts users and they install the prerequisite software.
Others list MacPorts without knowing what it is and sometimes
Darwinports.com is mentioned in place of or along with MacPorts.
I ask the developers to correct their web page.

The developers of Unified Parallel C always ask me if how many users
install the package using MacPorts.
We discussed this previously.
It would be a nice reward for the developers to know such a figure.
My opinion was to count downloads of source from MacPorts mirror if possible.

Takeshi