Option for a "local mirror"?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Dec 22 16:20:34 PST 2010

Hi,

it would be cool if one could somehow specify a local mirror. Since I am using more than only one MacPorts installation for testing purposes I'd love to have the ability to have a local mirror which would be accessed by all my different MacPorts installations prior to accessing some remote server. Does such an configuration option already exist? If not, I guess, it would be a great feature, don't you think?

Ideally I would like to make one of my MacPorts installations the master one, which would then be the source of all distribution files for all my other MacPorts installations.

Greets,
Marko