[MacPorts] #23651: imapsync: Add missing depends_run on p5-digest-hmac (was: Adding missing depends_run on p5-digest-hmac)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Feb 10 13:54:54 PST 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 15:33, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2010, at 1:31 PM, MacPorts wrote:
>
>> The [http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-
>> users/2010-February/018851.html problem report on the mailing list] said
>> imapsync installed correctly but then wouldn't run without the hmac
>> dependency. Therefore, to fix the problem for people who already have the
>> port installed, the revision should also be incremented.
>
> As a non-maintainer would I be expected to bump revisions before my diffs?

I recommend it. The maintainer may not fully understand the issue you're reporting, or may forget, and may commit your diff exactly as submitted.

I added this note to the ticket to ensure the maintainer knows to bump the revision.

> Not a big deal, I've been encouraged in the past to make as few changes as required probably to make reading the diff easier.

Yes, but bumping the revision is a required change in this case, since otherwise users who already have the port installed will not be prompted to upgrade and will thus be left with nonfunctional installations.

> Example, I'm not fond of the white-space indentation used in this port but I implemented it to match what was there.

Yes, thank you, please continue to not make whitespace changes at the same time as functional changes.