ui_msg to notes

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Feb 11 10:31:59 PST 2010

Yes, the notes feature allows a user to pull them up from the portfile at any time rather than having to watch the output from the install command.

"port notes PORTNAME" should demonstrate it.

In your case, you need to change ui_msg to notes, rather than combining a bunch of ui_msgs since you have it as one string.  You'll also want it outside of any blocks, as the user will call it anytime rather than just during build.  Note: the notes will be output during the installation automatically.