[MacPorts-Dev] About email subjects

Evan McClain evan.mcclain at gatech.edu
Wed Jan 6 15:38:38 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 12:29:39AM +0100, paolo lulli wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I think it could be a great thing if the mailing list could be setup
> to prefix subject of the email with something like this one:
>
> [MacPorts-Dev]
>
> Eitherwise it is nearly impossible to distinguish between list
> messages and personal ones.
> I think it something easily accomplishable.

There is already a List-Id message header which can be used for
filtering and identifying which list the email is from, but some email
clients don't really let you see email headers or know how to deal with
mailing lists. I guess that's why I'm still using mutt :P

--
Evan McClain
Aerospace Engineering