port message

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jan 8 15:26:59 PST 2010

On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:34 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht <brad at pixilla.com> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2010, at 9:03 AM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> I hope there is. My method is always port edit and read them there.
>> Seems there is always good data in the port messages at the end,
>> that I need later.
>
> You might use port cat instead.
>
> And "port cat php5 | grep ui_msg" kinda works but I bet you can use
> \ line continuation which this will not help you with.
>
> I was hoping for port message to print all the ui_msg's from the
> port and all deps. This is where it makes the most sense to me or do
> as I suggested a while back and store the ui_msg till the end of the
> port process and print them all together. Otherwise you will
> probably never see "with -v or -d anyways" the ui_msg's for any
> ports other then the last.

Maybe you could solve this on your own, at least with ports you
maintain.

Normal ui messages in any phase could be appended to an array.

At the end of the install
If debug flag is on
   repeat secondary array
      Print array item line
   end repeat
End if

It's not going to help much other than for your own ports, but maybe a
few test cases and the value of it, along with recursion into deps,
could make it into core as a single command or built in feature.
--
Scott
(Sent from a mobile device)