Updating MacPorts with Quartz GnuCash

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 20:28:36 PST 2010

A while back I followed the instructions given in this list to build
GnuCash as a Mac OS X-Native Quartz application rather than an X11
application.  This required configuring the build a certain way and
then applying a patch that fixed a build problem that occured with the
unpatched MacPorts source.

I'd like to update my MacPorts installation to the latest versions of
everything.  Do I need to be concerned about this clobbering my Quartz
GnuCash, or about those Quartz build settings interfering with the build of
the latest MacPorts code?

I have come to depend on GnuCash heavily for managing both my business
and personal finances, so I don't want to risk screwing it up.

An alternative is that there is now a Drag-n-Drop installer of
OS X GnuCash available at http://www.gnucash.org/  Would I be better
off to use that rather than the MacPorts version?  If so, then I'll
uninstall the GnuCash I have now before I update MacPorts.

Thanks for your help!

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford