[MacPorts] Migration modified

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 21 14:37:52 PST 2010

On Jan 21, 2010, at 15:08, Blair Zajac wrote:

> I would also suggest just dropping all the variants into the $prefix/etc/macports/variants.conf instead of doing to the work in keeping each variant around.

A curious idea. I tend to keep my variants.conf extremely sparse, containing only +universal at this time. Since those variants are added to all ports, I use it only for variants that are expected to exist in all ports.

I suppose you could add every variant you've ever used to it. But for example, just because I want the +server variant of one port doesn't necessarily mean I want the +server variant of a different port.