Library search paths, daemon startupitem and launchd

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 25 15:47:28 PST 2010

On Jan 25, 2010, at 15:16, Tom Davis wrote:

> 	Dyld Error Message:
> 	  Library not loaded: libiguanaIR.dylib
> 	  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/igdaemon
> 	  Reason: image not found
>
> The libiguanaIR.dylib library is part of the iguanaIR distribution and is in /opt/local/lib after a port install. otool shows that libiguanaIR.dylib is the only library without an absolute path:
>
> 	Rett:~ tom$ otool -L /opt/local/bin/igdaemon
> 	/opt/local/bin/igdaemon:
> 	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, 			current version 550.13.0)
> 	/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
> 	libiguanaIR.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

^^^^^^

Right, this line is the problem. For correct functionality, it should list the full path to the library, i.e.

	/opt/local/lib/libiguanaIR.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

I don't know how to achieve that, however, and I don't know if it's the fault of libiguanaIR.dylib or the program using it.