Library search paths, daemon startupitem and launchd

Tom Davis tomldavis at verizon.net
Mon Jan 25 21:12:25 PST 2010

Rett:~ tom$ otool -D /opt/local/lib/libiguanaIR.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libiguanaIR.dylib:
libiguanaIR.dylib

How do I get it to have an absolute path? libiguanaIR.dylib is built at the same time as igdaemon. So gcc doesn't know where its going to end up the directory structure. Can I assign it an absolute path somehow?

Right now I'm trying to patch the launchctl plist file to add an EnvironmentVariables key for DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH:

set plistDir ${prefix}/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.iguanaIR

pre-install {
    system "cd ${destroot}${plistDir}; patch < ${filespath}/patch-org.macports.iguanaIR.plist.diff"
}

It's not working yet, but I've found other ports that patch the launchctl plist. Is this bad form?

I'm really surprised others haven't run into this problem. Searches of the archive and Google don't seem to turn up anything I can use.

Tom