executable LaunchDaemons plist

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 26 19:55:07 PST 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 20:37, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2010-01-26 16:33:01 -0800, Scott Haneda wrote:
>> On Jan 26, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>>> Similarly, org.freedesktop.avahi-daemon.plist and
>>> org.freedesktop.avahi-dnsconfd.plist are also executable.
>>
>> These are usually symbolic links, and not the actual files.
>
> These ones are *not* symbolic links on my machine.

Right, those are not installed by MacPorts like most ports' launchd plists; those are installed by avahi itself.

I have filed a bug report for you with the developers of avahi:

http://avahi.org/ticket/301

It's not a major problem, though, that these files are executable. There's merely nothing in them that could be executed, so there's no reason for them to have the execute bit.