[MacPorts] #18483: p5-perlmagick no longer compiles

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 27 17:08:10 PST 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 18:58, Matthew Hilliard wrote:

> I seriously doubt they care.  No idea why.

I apologize if I've given the impression of not caring by not doing anything about this bug.

I'm not sure what I should do. I think I should either delete the p5-perlmagick port and let users install perlmagick using the +perl variant of the ImageMagick port, or preferably modify the p5-perlmagick port so it does what the +perl variant of the ImageMagick port does now and then delete the +perl variant of the ImageMagick port. The latter would be preferable, for all the usual reasons why separate ports are preferred to variants, but I don't know how difficult it will be to do. I admit I have not looked into it yet.