Can't access configure.env in portfile

Dan Ports dports at ambulatoryclam.net
Thu Jan 28 14:26:00 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 04:12:30PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2009, at 15:33, Rainer M?ller wrote:
>
> > On 2009-11-29 15:33 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> >> See, both before and after the configure phase, configure.env only
> >> contains the "FOO=bar" variable I added. But what I actually want to
> >> know about are the CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, etc. that MacPorts
> >> sets automatically. Yes, I know we have separate variables
> >> ${configure.cflags}, ${configure.cppflags}, ${configure.cxxflags},
> >> etc. for most (all?) of those, but I'd rather not have to enumerate
> >> over them myself since to my mind MacPorts should have already done
> >> so for me somewhere.
> >
> > If you want to get better results for debugging use:
> >  configure.cmd /usr/bin/env
>
> My reasons for asking were not for debugging but for a reworking of the php5extension portgroup. I've found out what I was doing wrong though and will be able to commit my update soon.

What solution did you wind up with? I'm wondering if it might be useful
for a problem I'm having with the mit-scheme port where I also wanted
to get ahold of configure.env:

The port needs to run configure/make more than once, as part of a
bootstrapping process, so it skips configure and runs a (provided)
shell script for the build phase. But then it doesn't get the
configure environment -- currently the port build.env to have
CC=${configure.cc}, but it's still missing out on CFLAGS and the rest,
which is definitely a bug.

I wanted to deal with this basically by setting build.env =
configure.env, but there's no obvious way to do that...

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/