Can't access configure.env in portfile

Dan Ports dports at ambulatoryclam.net
Fri Jan 29 12:47:33 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:50:25AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> > I wanted to deal with this basically by setting build.env =
> > configure.env, but there's no obvious way to do that...
>
> Yes, it may be simplest to just manually pass in all the relevant variables to build.env. Or, you could write your own configure script that does nothing but grab the environment and make it available to the build script. Attached is a diff that does this, but I haven't tested whether that helps the build in any way. (I wasn't sure what problem you were encountering by not having the environment variables set.)

Specifically, the problem I ran into is that it doesn't get CFLAGS from
the environment, so it doesn't use whatever -arch settings MacPorts
provides.

I'll give the patch you provided a try -- thanks!

I do wonder if having a more convenient way to use the configure
environment during the build phase would be a useful thing to have for
other ports. It seems like it might, say for non-autoconf makefiles
that still use CC, or ports with build scripts that explicitly run
configure (like mit-scheme). But if it hasn't come up before, then
maybe not...

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/