qt4-select makes symlink to nothing

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sat Jul 3 13:45:29 PDT 2010

Hi Jeremy - Yes, there's something strange going on with qt4-mac*.  I noticed another odd issue with qt4-mac last night (upgrading QMK-Groundstation, and failing because the qt4 includes aren't installed as expected), and am investigating that today as well -- seems like they're related.  Basically: The files installed by Qt 4.6.3 changes significantly depending on the options to 'configure'.  For what you chose (no: debug, examples, demos), there is nothing to install into libexec/qt4-mac/share/qt4-mac and hence there's a symlink to nowhere.  For what I chose (no debug), the headers aren't installed correctly include libexec/qt4-mac/include -- they are just in the frameworks (the same holds true for your install).  Looks like my qt4-mac work isn't over with yet :)  Thanks for your assistance getting to this point. - MLD