[69423] trunk/dports/tex/rubber/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Jul 6 07:18:44 PDT 2010

On Jul 6, 2010, at 2:41 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Yes, marking variants as conflicting with one another will prevent the user from choosing more than one of them at the same time. So you want to write:
>
> variant python24 conflicts python25 python26 python27 description {Use python 2.4} {
>        depends_lib-append      port:python24
>        configure.args-append   --python=${prefix}/bin/python2.4
> }
>
> variant python25 conflicts python24 python26 python27 description {Use python 2.5} {
>        depends_lib-append      port:python25
>        configure.args-append   --python=${prefix}/bin/python2.5
> }
>
> variant python26 conflicts python24 python25 python27 description {Use python 2.6} {
>        depends_lib-append      port:python26
>        configure.args-append   --python=${prefix}/bin/python2.6
> }
>
> variant python27 conflicts python24 python25 python26 description {Use python 2.7} {
>        depends_lib-append      port:python27
>        configure.args-append   --python=${prefix}/bin/python2.7
> }
>
> As for default variants, you want to write:
>
> if {![variant_isset python24] && ![variant_isset python25] && ![variant_isset python26] && ![variant_isset python27]} {
>        default_variants +python26
> }

or, instead of that giant ever-growing if statement that needs to be updated whenever you add a new python version variant - just have the main part of the port depend on (and configure with) python26, then each variant can just remove the python26 dependency/configure arg and substitute their own.

--
Daniel J. Luke