Creating custom metapackage

Martin Skou Andersen skou at nbi.ku.dk
Fri Jul 16 07:43:52 PDT 2010

  On 16-07-2010 13:38, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> Sort of. I use the meta package structure created by MacPorts to group the optional packages.
> I suggest going on step further and make meta packages of meta packages.

Can this be achieved with MacPorts?

I was a little fast with my reply. I have copied the meta package
structure created by MacPorts and modified it to my purpose, however I
cannot reach my desired result.

In the parent meta-package I have set the 'IFPkgFlagPackageSelection'
attribute for the optional meta-package to 'selected' and in the
optional meta-package I have set that attribute for each package to
'required'. But that results in the optional meta-package being "required".

- Martin