MacPorts API for default_variants

Bill Georgitzikis billgeo13 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 14:01:33 PDT 2010

Hi again, I would like to ask if there is a way to get the default_variants for a port, as well as conflicting variants. After implementing variants selection, it would be good to have the default variants pre-checked. However, the MacPorts Framework currently uses mportsearch which does not output this information, and the only other relevant call seems to be mportinfo, but it is experimental and unstable according to the documentation, and there is no mention of what data the PortInfo array it returns contains.

Is there any way I could get this information? I believe it is essential to at least not allow the users to select two conflicting variants, if not pre-selecting the default variants as well. If not, then I would be glad to know that so I can stop this wild-goose chase and focus on more important tasks :)

Thanks in advance