MPFR in MacPorts

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Fri Jun 11 00:09:32 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-10 21:37:53 -0700, Toby Peterson wrote:
> I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean a design
> deficiency in MacPorts itself? If so, that makes no sense - ports
> can install files anywhere.

I think the point is that a single build (compilation) cannot install
several ports (e.g. one port for the shared library itself, and one
port for the other files, such as the header file, the documentation,
and so one), so that if an upgrade uses an incompatible ABI, the old
shared library (and only this) can be kept.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>