Arch checking

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jun 12 07:26:43 PDT 2010

On Jun 12, 2010, at 09:15, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2010-6-12 23:34 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Now that MacPorts 1.9.0 records the architecture of each installed port in the registry, it would be nice if it would check that the port actually did install files of the architecture it claimed to, and when it doesn't, a warning would be printed.
>
> Verifying this is a good thing to do, but I would only want to do it as
> part of the test target and MPAB, not during every install by end users.

Well MPAB doesn't so much exist yet, and I'm not in the habit of running "port test" for every port I install. I'm interested in the situation where I ask to install some port, it installs a dozen ports as dependencies, and 5 of them need to be marked as noarch. I'd like to realize that immediately by looking at the output so I can fix it.

It's comparable to the warning we already print for all users when a port violates the destroot.