MacPorts 1.9.0 has been released

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Jun 16 13:25:05 PDT 2010

Dear MacPorts developer,

I just wanted to verify that I do a pain-free upgrade to the latest macports version 1.9.0 without surprises.

Is the following workflow correct?

1) sudo port selfupdate
2) change port format in macports.conf to sqlite
3) sudo port setrequested PORTS
4) get macports tip from svn and install directly with 'make install' (i.e. w/o deinstallation of current macports)
5) sudo port upgrade outdated

I hope that point 3 avoids that macports would uninstall all existing ports from my system.
Wonder whether an overwrite of the currently installed files of macports in point 4 do not damage the port system.
(When will there be a 1.9.1 which would make point 4 not necessary anymore.)

Greets,
Marko