CPATH versus -I

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Fri Jun 18 09:39:28 PDT 2010

qt4-mac luckily didn't use .cppflags or .ldflags -- it was using CPATH
and LIBRARY_PATH via configure.env and build.env, which I'm figuring out
how to move to compiler.cpath and compiler.library_path.  So at least
for qt4-mac this change is minimally risky, and will probably remove
some of the "conflicts" after all is said and done (which is a good
thing).  That said, modifying ports that do use cppflags and/or ldflags,
to use .cpath and .library_path, will certainly require testing -- but
the end result should be more robust to future conflicts and other port
changes. - MLD