Redundant openssh patches

Russell Jones russell.jones at physics.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 20 10:13:02 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm working on a openssh local port to add some custom changes, and I
wanted to add them as a patch. Thus I wanted to check for clashes with
the patches that come with the port, but none seem to be applied: port
-d patch openssh gives no output. Is this how things should be, or have
I broken something? Why are the old patches retained in that case? So
people can build old versions?

My custom Portfile has a different name, and sets distfiles and
worksrcdir to get openssh-5.5p1.tar.gz. It's otherwise unchanged. I
uninstalled it before trying to determine what patches were applied. I
noticed that the file list in the macports build directory and a
directly extracted tarball were identical, apart from some generated
files, e.g. .o files.

Russell