[69018] trunk/dports/math/pspp-devel/Portfile

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Jun 21 05:58:34 PDT 2010

> For the molden and dcraw livecheck we are interested not only in the published version number but also the distfile date; since MacPorts livecheck can only check one value, I wrote a PHP script to get the two values and mash them together into a single value MacPorts can understand. This PHP script lives on my server and the molden and dcraw portfiles use it as their livecheck. For pspp-devel we want three values -- version, snapshot date, and hash. I've now updated that script to return this information about pspp-devel as well.

For this port the only real indicator of a upgrade is the hash. I understand the utility of having all three pieces of information combined (and it already exists on the original site that way), but I would rather not have to do daily investigations of the port due to the build number. I'd like to find a better solution.

MacPorts doesn't seem to have a way to handle a simple "if different" livecheck -- it only wants to deal with finding the newest version. I'm going to work on a patch that adds that adds this feature, simply checking if the strings are different, regardless of order. I feel it would be much better suited to the needs of this port and possibly other -devels.