Unarchive and use_7z Extract Phase

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Jun 21 15:09:32 PDT 2010

On 2010-6-22 07:38 , Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> I don't understand. What is being skipped and why? Do you have a log of the problem?
>
> Usually, when you are using archivemode you skip over fetch/checksum/extract/configure/build phases. In this instance, it seems to have gotten hung up on extract's use_7z. It failed at extract because 7za wasn't found in the path (a findBinPath-esque proc that is run).
>
> I'll post a ticket with the log this evening.

A target's init proc is never skipped even when the target is skipped.
It's kind of problematic having that proc throw an error in that case.
You didn't say, but if you're running trunk, this started happening
because fetch dependencies are no longer installed if there's an archive
available.

- Josh