rdeps graph

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 28 00:37:40 PDT 2010

On Jun 28, 2010, at 01:43, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2010-6-28 15:38 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> The port-rdeps script had an option I used often to generate a Graphviz graph of the dependencies, but port-rdeps was slow; MacPorts 1.9's "port rdeps" is much faster so I'd rather use that. But it doesn't seem to have Graphviz graph generation, right? If I'm seeing that right, then I might dive in to try to add that (in src/port/port.tcl in action_deps, looks like?), maybe get a little more familiar with base code.
>
> I don't think this is a feature that port(1) has any business having.

You're probably right. At least I got to spend some quality time understanding the base code. :)

> Make the script faster if you need that.

It appears that port-rdeps is now blazingly fast. Must be the base functions for dependency calculation that it's using got overhauled in 1.9 -- no doubt due to your tireless efforts! Thanks.

I'll copy port-rdeps to port-depgraph (I think that's a good name), rip out the non-graph parts, and work on some improvements there.