master_sites with query strings

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 28 17:42:49 PDT 2010

On Jun 28, 2010, at 14:05, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2010, at 13:32, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>>> while on the topic of weird master_sites, what about ones using POST queries instead of GET?
>
> Specifically:
> http://www.gpsbabel.org/download.html
> version 1.4.0
>
> Sometimes I wonder if this wouldn't be a good case for a curl portgroup where we can specify flags to curl to handle this situation.

No support for submitting a POST request as part of a fetch operation at this time -- nobody's ever asked for it before, to my knowledge, and no project before has required it, that I know of. You may want to explain to the developers of this project that there is no need to use a POST request, and request the switch to (or additionally support) GET requests, since you're trying to GET a distfile, not POST something to a forum for example.