Mac::Growl?

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sat May 1 10:57:44 PDT 2010

On May 1, 2010, at 10:48 AM, Steve Morris wrote:

>> I only saw a dep for mac:glue and that was only if you were using
>> mac::glue.
>> Other then that I didn't see anything in the docs I read about deps.
>
> 8 lines matching require in buffer Growl.pm.
>   53:	$encode = eval { require Encode; };
>   57:		eval 'require Foundation';
>   79:		eval 'require Mac::Glue';
>   90:			eval "require $applescript";
>  394:	require File::Spec;
>  396:		eval 'require URI::file';
>  511:	require Encode;
>  518:	require Encode;
>   88:	for my $applescript (qw(Mac::OSA::Simple MacPerl
> Mac::AppleScript)) {
>
> You may be right though. A quick check shows that most of these are
> either part of the default perl installation or only needed if you are
> using the feature. At run time the code searches for an available
> notify technique. It only needs one.
>
> However when I originally downloaded Mac::Growl and tried to build it
> locally it failed with a dependency problem. Unfortunately I don't
> remember which one and how I fixed it.

If you undo what you can that was done outside macports and we can fix
any dependency issues.

Also, if there are tests that are not being done at p5-mac-growl
install time let's fix that too.

It looks like cpan2port creates a very simple Portfile which may
benefit from some attention. Just going off memory here but I don't
recall it use a port group and I think there is a perl port group.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you wanting Mac::Growl for?

// brad