[66771] trunk/base

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon May 3 18:48:48 PDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 14:35, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2010-5-4 07:12 , Joshua Root wrote:
>> On 2010-5-4 06:56 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>>> This change causes an error when xcodeversion isn't defined in
>>> macports.conf
>>
>> That's not it, I don't have xcodeversion in macports.conf and it
>> works.
>> See if you can get some debug output from the proc that defines it?
>
> Possibly the [exec $xcodebuild -version] failed; I'll commit a fix to
> stop the variable being undefined when that happens.

Yeah, it seems that the parsing gets confused when there are error
messages sent to stderr from xcodebuild -version.  You can see this by
doing:

sudo gcp -a /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk /Developer/SDKs/
MacOSX10.5.copy.sdk
xcodebuild -version

You'll get a message about "Warning: SDK name collision for name ..."

When I then edited the name in the SDK's plist, MP behaved correctly.
Granted, it was a configuration problem on my end, but we should still
be able to detect the xcode version.

--Jeremy