Question regarding file dependencies

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 5 11:15:19 PDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 10:33, Thibaut Paumard wrote:

> I am creating Portfiles for a bunch of packages related to the Yorick interpreter. One of these plug-ins, yorick-gl, depends on libGL.dylib and libXext.dylib.
>
> Those two files are present already under /usr/X11/lib, so I tried using file dependencies as instructed in the guide ( http://guide.macports.org/#reference.dependencies.types ):
>  depends_lib lib:libGL:mesa lib:libXext:xorg-libXext
> or
>  depends_lib path:lib/libGL.dylib:mesa ....
> But that does not work: "port install yorick-gl" keeps on installing the mesa port in particular (xorg-libXext is already installed here). The only way around is to specify the full path:
>  depends_lib: path:/usr/X11/lib/libGL.dylib:mesa path:/usr/X11/lib/libXext.dylib:xorg-libXext
>
> Am I missing something?

Specifying a relative path like "path:lib/libGL.dylib:mesa" is always relative to ${prefix}.

You should not create ports that link with /usr/X11/anything. We always want to use MacPorts versions of these libraries. See:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#x11-libs

and:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#ownlibs